Ruth and Naomi: A model for
Transforming Life’s Personal Losses
The story of Ruth and Naomi is a treasure chest full of inspiration and practical advice for women today. This retreat gives you two keys to unlock the treasure: an understanding of the Book of Ruth within the Old Testament and insights to apply in your life and relationships today.
Do you want to understand the Book of Ruth and come away inspired with help for your struggles and problems today?
This retreat on Ruth and Naomi is for women who love the Bible but who may be struggling to understanding how the Biblical stories speak to their lives today.
This retreat is also for women who have not read the Book of Ruth yet and want to be inspired by practical advice for today’s problems.
You may have spent time reading the Book of Ruth, but it still frustrates you. It’s a mystery: How do you understand the Book of Ruth?
Well, the truth is that even if you have attended a Bible study on the Book of Ruth, continued scholarly research have a number of ways to interpret and understand Ruth that made it worth another look.
What you really need to understand about the story of Ruth and Naomi is: first, how the Book of Ruth fits in the whole Old Testament message and second, how current biblical scholars approach the Book of Ruth as a vital link to the Old Testament message.
This retreat will show you both the setting and background necessary to understand and gain insight into the story of Ruth and Noami and how this story is crucial in the larger context of Israel’s history.
I want to help you discover the hidden treasures in the story of Ruth and Naomi by showing you the Biblical structure and theological placement of this wonderful story in the Old Testament. In so doing and as you meet these two wonderful Old Testament women, you will find practical advice for today.
The Retreat Program covers these topics:
- The secret of grief and how it can be transforming.
- The link between depression and economic hard times and how answers to our problems can unfold by divine providence.
- The link between ordinary human life and how divine providence and the purposes of God can come in surprising ways.
- The myth of only one interpretation of the Story of Ruth and Naomi and why other interpretations are just as valid.
- The three theological themes in the Book of Ruth and why they make a difference in fully understanding the Book of Ruth.
- The link between prayers prayed in tough times and how these prayers draw you to pray.
- The link between your personal losses and your spirituality.
The Retreat on the Story of Ruth and Naomi comes with notes, a map, bibliography, meaning of names, and reflection questions. There will be time for 2 presentations, small group discussions, and personal reflection/prayer.
Where: To Be Announced in Canby, Oregon
When: Saturday, July 18, 2015 from 9:30-3:30 pm.
Bring: Your Bible
Snacks, Coffee, and Tea will be provided.
Deadline: For registration: July 8, 2015 (limited seating 20)
Are you ready to sign up? Or do you have any questions that you need to ask first? Click here to contact Paula and send an e-mail with your question(s).
If you are ready to sign up and pay, please follow this simple 2-step process.
1. Send me an e-mail with your name, address, and phone number. Click here.
2. Make a payment through my website click here. Don’t worry if you see Counseling by Paula as that is my other business. You are in the right place. You can pay with Visa/debit card. Or you can send a check to: Paula Helsby, P.O. Box 1001, Silverton, Oregon 97381
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org click here or call me at 503-873-3608.